- Arrange the ready-to-cook soles in a large greased oven dish
- Season with salt and pepper and cover with lemon juice and white wine
- Add the bouquet garni and cover with a greased sheet of kitchen paper
- Poach until done in a medium hot oven. Keep warm when cooked
- Meanwhile cook the mussels and remove them from their shells
- Remove the fish from the oven dish and sieved the cooking liquid from the oven dish
- Pour the sieved cooking liquid from the oven and the cooking liquid from the mussels into a small pan. Add the cream
- Bring to the boil and allow to thicken
- Beat the egg yolk in some lemon juice
- Add the mussels and shrimps and thicken further by adding the egg yolk
- Remove from the hob and stir in some knobs of ice-cold butter
- Arrange the warm soles on hot plates and cover in the sauce
- Serve with mashed potato.
Cypriots enjoy a healthy diet. Everything is cooked fresh, daily and with an excellent quality. Try this delicious recipe: a refreshing yogurt, cucumber and mint dip.
The Slovenian Seafood Stew recipe of the European Young Chef Award 2017 was created and prepared by Filip Matjaž, representing Slovenia – European Region of Gastronomy Candidate 2021.
Panna Cotta Asparagi di Santena is different type of panna cotta.
Alongside štruklji, Pehtranova Potica is the most typical Slovenian dessert. It is made with more than 80 different fillings. Potica is a characteristic festive dessert made from different kinds of dough. The most characteristic types of potica include tarragon, honey, walnut, poppy seed, crackling, chive, lovage and cottage cheese.
While Austrian cake-makers may indeed be famed for their Gugelhupf, the cake itself was actually known to the Romans in 2000 BC. They even enjoyed yeast Gugelhupf, with its round form serving as a symbol for the sun. Since then, this time-honoured recipe has ranked amongst the Gugelhupf classics.
Ιntroduced in 1985 with the noble aim of bringing our continent closer together, the European Capital of Culture scheme offered few early surprises.
CHECK OUT OUR
A great dish of Veneto’s cuisine tradition is the classic but tasty recipe of pasta e fasoi. For the locals of Veneto beans are related to strength and survival, as they helped families to feed themselves and carry on during hard times of war and famine.
Waterzooi is a classic stew of Flanders. Its name is Dutch, ‘zooien’ meaning ‘to boil’. It is sometimes called Gentse Waterzooi (in Dutch) which refers to the city of Ghent. The original recipe is made of fish, either freshwater or sea, though today chicken waterzooi is more common. The most accepted theory is that rivers of Ghent became too polluted and the fish disappeared. The stew is made of the fish or chicken, vegetables including carrots, leeks and potatoes, herbs, eggs, cream and butter and usually serbed as a soup with a baquette to sop up the liquid.
Every traveller has their place (or places) they want to visit in Europe. But whether you prefer snowkiting in Norway or relaxing in the natural hot springs of Hungary, discovering fortresses in San Marino or photographing Dutch windmills in The Netherlands, find the activities and destinations you’ve dreamed of by knowing what style of vacation appeals to you.
Although Europe may be best known for its Blue Flag Beaches, white sandy coastlines, and bustling port cities, travelers should not overlook the pristine inland waters of the vast continent. Europe is populated with sparkling lakes, winding rivers and jaw-dropping waterfalls just begging for tourists to dip their toes in. Book your next vacation to Europe to experience one (or more) of these nine inland waters for yourself.
Innovation on Brabant Stew recipe from the European Young Chef Award 2018 was created by Tim Bressers, representing North Brabant – European Region of Gastronomy 2018
- 4 ready-to-cook soles
- 1 dl freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 dl dry white wine
- 1 bouquet garni
- 2 dl cream
- 200 g butter
- 2 kg mussels
- 500 g deshelled Flemish grey shrimps
- 1 egg yolks