- Put the beans in a pot of cold water, turn on the fire and once they are ready, drain them.
- Cleanse the vegetables, chop and brown them in a pot with a bit of extra virgin olive oil and lard, then cover up with some water, let it cook for some minutes until all the vegetables are ready.
- Remove one or two spoons of beans (to decorate the dish) and then mix up everything.
- Re-boil the soup and put pasta into it. When the pasta is ready, add the remaining beans and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
- You can also add black pepper, a bit of extra virgin olive oil or some grated Grana Padano cheese.
Source: Archivio Consorzio Vicenzaè