- Debone the drumstick by taking off the skin and cutting the meat away from the bone with a sharp knife. Cut the breast or drumstick meat into smaller, bite-sized pieces. Season well all over with salt and leave to stand, covered, for around 1 hour (if short on time, the marinading stage can be omitted).
- Meanwhile, for the marinade stir the mustard into a little of the slightly-warmed stock until smooth, and then mix in the vinegar. Season with salt and pepper and mix together with the pumpkin seed oil. Taste to check. Clean and wash the salad leaves and leave to drip dry or use a salad spinner.
- Beat the eggs briefly on a plate or in a bowl, and have the flour and breadcrumbs ready on further plates. Now roll the chicken pieces in the flour to coat them, dip into the beaten egg and coat with breadcrumbs.
- In a pan, heat a good quantity of clarified butter or plant oil. Place the chicken pieces into the hot fat and, depending on size, cook for 3-7 minutes until golden brown, turning once. Remove and allow to drain on kitchen paper.
- Meanwhile marinade the dried salad leaves and arrange in the centre of large serving plates.
- Place the crispy chicken pieces on (or even better, around) the salad only immediately prior to serving. Garnish with halved cherry tomatoes, if preferred.
Serve with crisp rolls or pumpkin-seed bread.
Cooking time: depending on the thickness of the meat, 3 – 7 minutes
Source: Austrian National Tourist Office