- Beat the egg yolks with the icing sugar, add the butter and cream.
- Preheat oven to 180 °C (fan) and grease Gugelhupf mould with melted butter.
- Whip up egg whites with a small pinch of salt and the granulated sugar to a stiff peak. Melt the chocolate coating in a bain-marie.
- Mix the flour with the baking powder and add to the egg yolk mix together with grated nuts, cocoa powder and melted chocolate. Carefully fold in the egg whites.
- Pour the mixture into the mould and bake 50 – 55 minutes. Cool slightly, and tip out. Dust with icing sugar or glaze.
- Glaze: Cover the lukewarm Gugelhupf with the currant jam and leave to cool. Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie together with butter and coconut fat and stir. Continue stirring until it has cooled. Cover the Gugelhupf with the glaze and sprinkle with cracknel or chopped nuts.
Source: Austrian National Tourist Office