- Put two leaves of sage on every thin slice of lard (both sides) and then put on the spit roast two pieces of ossocollo and six larks, alternating every piece with a slice of lard and so on.
- Turn on the fireplace and wait for about 15 min before laying the rods on the rotisserie, place the drip pan then moisten the spit roast with the extra virgin olive oil and go on with the low heat cooking.
- Wait for 30 min and then remove the drip pan and sprinkle the spit roast with plenty of salt.
- Replace the drip pan and go on with the cooking for about 5-6 hours, moistening with a lot of extra virgin olive oil.
- Put the embers under the drip pan and fry lightly the polenta slices in the cooking oil.
Source: Archivio Consorzio Vicenzaè