- Wash the asparagus carefully and remove the “wooden” part of the stem. Divide and tie them (with a kitchen twine) in small bunches, put them in a high and narrow pot full of salted and boiling water (keep the tips outside the water so the steam can softly cook them).
- Let them boil for 15 min and then remove them from the water and wrap them with a cloth.
- Boil the eggs for 8 min, cool them off under water and shell them.
- Put carefully a bunch of asparagus on each dish (without the kitchen twine) and two eggs.
- By tradition, every dinner must smash the eggs with the fork and flavour them with some Extra Virgin Olive Oil, salt, black pepper and a drop of vinegar.
Source: Archivio Consorzio Vicenzaè