- Wash the apricots, halve them and remove the stones. Cut into small cubes.
- Brush Gugelhupf mould with melted butter and preheat oven to 180 °C (fan).
- Stir butter and icing sugar to make a cream. Separate the eggs and mix in the egg yolks. Flavour with cinnamon, cloves and vanilla sugar. Stir in the quark and apricots.
- Mix the flour with the nuts in a bowl, and stir in the baking powder.
- Beat the egg whites with the granulated sugar to a stiff peak. Alternately fold the egg white mix and the flour-nut mix into the butter mixture.
- Pour into the Gugelhupf mould, smooth flat if necessary, and bake for around 50 – 55 minutes. Remove and allow to cool briefly and then turn out.
- Before cutting into slices, sprinkle generously with icing sugar or cover with a lemon glaze.
Source: Austrian National Tourist Office