Distance: 350km / 220mi
- Land just outside Slovenia’s fairy tale capital where a spectacular view of the Julian Alps towers above the runway.
- Ride the funicular train to the Castle of Ljubljana for beautiful views of the city
- Sip a glass of Slovenian wine on one of the terraces by the famous Triple Bridge.
- Ride the cable car into the Julian Alps and hike back, or return by paragliding.
- On the way to Salzburg, spend a day on Bled Lake and boat to the only island in Slovenia.
- Take the train to Hallstatt and then ride the ferry across the lake, or tour the world’s oldest salt mine.
The Julian Alps and the Kamnik-Savinja Alps are some of the most beautiful parts of Slovenia.
Discover Austria’s oldest and possibly most photographed village in the Salzkammergut Lake Region.
Start in Ljubljana for a peek into Slovenia history while on your way to Salzburg.
Distance: 290km / 180mi
- Arrive in Salzburg and explore the city where Mozart was born.
- Follow your taste buds along the Vía Culinaria — seven culinary pathways and 200 culinary addresses in Salzburgerland.
- Savor the taste of Salzburg chocolate for dessert.
- For a change of pace, explore the Salzburg Lake District close to the center of the city. Bathe or refresh in Grabensee, Obertrumer See, or Wallersee Lake.
- From Salzburg, travel west to Berchtesgaden and head south to the humbling Watzmann Mount, and Lake Königssee, the cleanest lake in Germany
- In Innsbruck, called “the capital of the Alps,” enjoy alpine sports throughout winter.
- Hike, golf, or mountain bike at one of Innsburck’s active Holiday Villages.
- In Bavaria, on the banks of the Alps, visit Neuschwanstein Castle, the inspiration for Disneyland’s Sleeping Beauty Castle.
Distance: 200km / 130mi
- In Lindau, explore Lake Constance and its three bodies of water on the Rhine River.
- Shop in the historically preserved Old Town with its maze of streets and murals on almost every building.
- Practice water sports on Lake Lucerne, or take a tour on a historic paddle wheel steamer.
- Taste the culinary arts created daily along the shores of the Reuss River.
Distance: 480km / 300mi
- Board the Bernina Express, the highest railway across the Alps, and view glistening glaciers from observation cars before descending to the palms of Italy. The entire route between Thusis and Tirano is a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- At Lake Como in the Lombardia region, wander between the small villages, wonderful villas and lush gardens on your way to relaxation.
- Don’t forget to take a boat cruise across Lake Como and admire the mountain landscapes and wildlife.
- Learn about the silk industry at the Silk Museum and shop for new additions to your wardrobe.
- For the best view of the Swiss and Italian Alps, take the funicular to Brunate and walk to the San Mauricio lighthouse.
- Depart from Milan.
There's more to Italy than ancient architecture and delicious food. Italy is covered in mountains, cliffs, and tall peaks.
Before you depart Lucerne for Milan, be sure to pick up some iconic Switzerland souvenirs.
The mountains and the history will take your breath away in Milan.