1. Participant Agreement
By submitting your comment to the European Travel Commission (ETC), you agree to these Terms and Conditions and accept the processing of your personal data for the purpose described below.
2. Allowable Participants
You must be eighteen (18) years of age or older to participate in the competition.
The participants in the “Eastern Europe Unveiled” competition acknowledge and agree that the organizers of the competition shall offer a trip to Europe as an award to the selected winner(s).
- The winner(s) will receive a trip to Europe, which includes flights, accommodation and internal transportation for two people.
- The trip to Europe prize is non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash or any other alternative.
- The organizers of the competition reserve the right to substitute the prize with an alternative of equal value or similar nature should circumstances beyond their control necessitate such a change.
- Any necessary insurance coverage, including but not limited to health, travel, or other forms of insurance, should be arranged and purchased by the participating person at their own expense.
- The competition winner(s) will be notified by ETC via the contact information provided during the submission process. In the event that the winner(s) fail to respond within a specified timeframe or provide accurate contact information, the organizers reserve the right to select an alternative winner(s).
- The organizers of the competition reserve the right to substitute the trip to Europe prize with an alternative of equal value or similar nature, should circumstances beyond their control necessitate such a change.
- The organizers, their employees, affiliates, and partners shall not be held liable for any damages, losses, or injuries incurred by the winner(s) during the use of the Eurail pass or any other related activities.
- The decision of the organizers in all matters relating to the competition, including the selection of the winner(s) and the awarding of the trip to Europe prize, shall be final and binding.
You understand and agree that the content from your trip will be publicly displayed and will not be treated in confidentiality. In fact, many people from around the world will be able to view your Content and by replying to ETC’s request for consent, you provide ETC with the right to use and share your Content on their official Website(s), including but not limited to visiteurope.com and etc-corporate.org and in all ETC social media channels including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
5. Winner’s Content
As part of the prize conditions, we kindly request that the selected winner share their experience with us by providing some content or creating a summary post on their social media channels detailing their journey and tagging our official account for visibility.
6. Processing of Personal Data
ETC implements measures to process securely and in a confidential manner your personal data.
ETC collects and processes your personal data for the purpose of the use of your Content. ETC processes your personal data only to the extent necessary to fulfill the purpose stated. Your participation is on a voluntary basis.
Your personal data will be stored if you decide to grant your approval to ETC for its use of your Content.
You have a right to access, rectify, erase, restrict and object to the processing related to your personal data and you can exercise your rights by sending an email to [email protected].
However, due to organizational reasons, such a request will be effective thirty (30) working days after the communication of your request.